Wednesday

One.

Once upon a time there was a girl. A miserable girl. A miserable girl who was too scared of the world to leave her house. A miserable girl who used to blog and shop and shop and blog in an attempt to fill the hole that was missing in her life. In the end something snapped. She was fed up of this boring, repetitive, unfulfilling life. Things didn't change over night but over the course of a year and with the help of some truly amazing friends, she started to become the person she used to be. But better.

She went out, met a guy, fell in love. He broke her heart. She cried, got drunk, cried some more, drunk some more, made herself look like a complete idiot - as you do when you're heartbroken - went on holiday with her bestie, met a few more guys - none who could quite compare but the attention was flattering all the same..got drunk some more, started to enjoy nights out, met new people and made new friends. But something was still missing. Despite the smiles, the forced laughter, the 'I'm doing really good thanks. Miss him? Pah, don't be silly' she was dying inside. It hurt more than she ever imagined it would.

Then she got an idea in her head. The most exciting idea she had ever had. An idea that resulted in sitting up til the early hours researching, working her arse off at work, giving up shopping almost completely (fyi, as a shopaholic this is like taking herion away from a drug addict. Yes, really.) She had decided to travel the world. Well, at first she thought she might just go to Australia for 3 months. Other side of the world? Yes please. But then 3 months quickly turned into a year doing a mixture of travelling and working. Then perhaps Thailand for a week on the way out there. A week that quickly became 7 weeks in Asia beginning in Thailand, travelling down to Singapore where she can catch a flight to Sydney. Then whilst in the travel agents booking it.."Well I might as well visit Fiji while I'm there. And if I'm doing that then New Zealand seems like a good idea"...

So within the space of a month, a three month get-me-out-of-this-country-so-I-can-get-over-my-broken-heart trip became an 18 month losing-him-was-the-best-thing-that-happened-to-me adventure. The most exciting part of booking it? "Hmm, we might have to fly you home via LA.." LA? LA as in Los Angeles? LA as in Los Angeles in America? AS IN THE PLACE I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO SINCE I COULD BREATHE? I think I can cope with flying home via LA.

Scared? Not at all. Excited? Hell fucking yeh.


4 comments:

  1. This is the best post EVER! Literally so excited for you :)
    Hopefully I'll see you there ;)

    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'm pretty excited for me too...and I'm excited for you!!
      Definitely will do :)xxx

      Delete
  2. Beauty I am so excited for you , you deserve so much happiness and sun (and hot LA men) how amazing!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely looking forward to the men ;)
      Literally cannot wait!!xxx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment <3